Streamlight Inc. is now shipping two new rail-mounted TLR light and green laser modules, the TLR RM 1 and RM 2 LASER-G Rail Mounted Tactical Lighting System. The principal difference between the RM 1 and RM 2 LASER-G modules is that the former is physically smaller, uses only one CR123A lithium battery and has a 500 lumen light as compared with the latter, which is not only larger but includes a 1,000-lumen light and requires a pair of CR123A lithium batteries to operate.
“In addition to the original TLR RM 1 and 2 which feature a red aiming laser, we now offer new models with an integrated green laser, which appears brighter to the human eye than other colored lasers, to improve focusing on targets,” said Streamlight President and CEO Ray Sharrah. “Like earlier models, they also have an ergonomic, multi-function tactical tail switch and dedicated toggle switch. And they deliver the same powerful beam, with extensive range and solid peripheral coverage.”
TLR RM 1 and RM 2 LASER-G features include:
- (RM 1) 500 lumen, 5,000 candela, and 140 meter beam distance; 1 CR123A lithium battery
- (RM 2) 1,000 lumen, 10,000 candela, and 200 meter beam distance; 2 CR123A lithium batteries
- Both run 1.5 hours (LED only or LED/laser); run 11 hours (laser only); run 3 hours (strobe)
- IPX4 water resistance rating
- Impact Resistant BOROFLOAT glass lens
- Black anodized aluminum housing
- Integrated 510-530 nanometer green laser
- For use with MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail surfaces
- Mode selector toggle switch (laser only, light only, or light and laser combo)
- Safe off feature to help prevent accidental battery drain
- Packaging includes remote pressure switch, key kit, and batteries
The retail price for the TLR RM 1 LASER-G module starts at $519.40 while the TLR RM 2 LASER-G module retails for $540.60. For more information on these light and laser modules and other products sold by Streamlight, please visit their website at streamlight.com.