SnapSafe is offering a new, compact handgun-security container. The company's new Keypad Vault is accessed via a user programmable four to six digit code that has over 12 million possible discrete numerical combinations. It is also built with heavy duty sixteen gauge steel and can hold up to two 5-inch duty sized guns, such as Colt 1911 Government Models, for example.
The SnapSafe Keypad Vault is also meant to keep things other than firearms safe and secure. It can safely store documents, keys, passports, etc within its soft lined interior case. The SnapSafe Keypad’s fairly compact size and lighter weight also makes its convenient for travel, as it only weighs 4 pounds. A steel cable is included in order to tether it to something more permanent. The Keypad Vault’s outer shell has a discreet black powder coated exterior. Moreover, the outer body also includes pre-drilled holes so that the Keypad Vault can be directly affixed to another surface while adding an additional level of security.
SnapSafe Keypad Vault Features:
- 16-gauge steel housing
- Foam-lined interior
- Sized for two 1911 or duty sized handguns
- Pre-drilled holes for permanent installation
- Programmable access codes with up to 12 million different numerical combinations
- Includes a robust cable providing added security
- Powered by four AA batteries (not included)
- California Department of Justice (DOJ) approved Firearm Storage Device (FSD)
- Lock: Digital keypad or key
- 16-gauge steel construction
- Size: 8.5 inches wide x 11 inches tall x 2.25 inches deep
- Weight: 4 pounds
The retail pricing for the new SnapSafe Keypad Vault starts at $114.99. This container is also approved by the California Department of Justice as suitable “approved firearm storage device” which may be of interest to California gun owners. For more information on the Keypad Vault and other security products from SnapSafe, please visit snapsafe.com.