Off-body carry can be a convenient way to carry a defensive firearm with you everyday. However, it does come with some drawbacks, as it places your firearm outside of your direct control. In addition to this, purses and other bags attract purse snatchers, and having a firearm in your bag means the bad guy now has your gun.
This is just one of the reasons why some gun owners chose to carry in a fanny pack, as it gives you the convenience of off-body carry with retention that mimics on-body carry. One of the choices for a concealed carry waist pack is the lightweight Hip Gunner waist pack is an update to Elite Survival Systems’ (ESS) Modern Tactical collection of concealed carry fanny packs. The pack is designed to carry a firearm concealed on the waist or sling style across your body. This survival fanny pack is available in two different holster sizes to keep your defensive pistol secure as you travel about. The front pocket of this concealed carry hip bag has loops for carrying spare magazines with you, as well as plenty of room for your phone, wallet, keys or other necessities. The Hip Gunner waist pack is available in black, indigo, or heather gray.
ESS Hip Gunner Features
- Smooth zipper action with easy-grab zipper pulls
- Rip-cord design for fast deployment
- Includes two ambidextrous holsters to fit most compact and subcompact handguns such as the Glock 19 and smaller pistols
- Two elastic loops in the accessory pocket hold spare magazines
- Full-width accessory pocket
- Adjustable waist strap with quick-release buckle
- Available in Black, Indigo, and Heather Gray
The dimensions for the main compartment of the pack are 9.5 inches wide by 5 inches high by 2 inches deep, and the waist strap measures 53" from end to end, with buckles attached. MSRP for the Hip Gunner waist pack is $59.95, and more information on this and other products from Elite Survival Systems is available at elitesurvival.com.