CZ-USA is expanding their 600 series rifle family with the new 600 Alpha. The Alpha combines the many of the features of this new generation of rifles into a do-it-all gun, delivering sub-MOA accuracy in a variety of calibers, all at a budget-friendly price.
The Alpha's fiber-reinforced stock is optimized for more modern technical shooting styles with a parallel comb, symmetrical geometry and a vertical grip. Serrated soft-touch inserts are located throughout the stock for a better grip in challenging environmental conditions.
Every 600 Alpha has a cold-hammer-forged semi-heavy-contour barrel that delivers guaranteed sub-MOA. The barrels are threaded and suppressor-ready. Barrel lengths range from 18 to 24 inches, depending on the cartridge, and feature a nitride finish for unsurpassed corrosion resistance in the field. The Alpha's patented single-stage trigger is adjustable in four increments from 1.3 to 3 pounds without removing the chassis from the stock, allowing for field tuning to match the conditions and personal preferences.
The rifles have a fast-handling 60-degree bolt throw which is designed to increase clearance between the bolt and optic and cycle faster than traditional designs. CZ selected the short extractor, controlled round feed design for consistent round-cycling in all situations.
There is an integral Picatinny scope base on top to allow the shooter to choose from various optic mounting solutions. A silent, 2-position safety compliments the action and enables a locked or cycling bolt with the safety engaged which prevents unintentional bolt opening in the field. In addition to this, a detachable magazine allows quick mag changes, and a built-in locking feature ensures secure magazine retention. Magazine top-off through the ejection port adds speed and convenience when extra shots are required.
CZ 600 Alpha Specifications:
- Chambering: .223 Rem, 224 Valkyrie, 7.62x39 mm, .308 Win., 6 Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmor, 6.5 PRC, 30-'06 Gov't. or .300 Win. Mag.
- Rate of Twist: Varies by caliber
- Magazine Type: Detachable
- Magazine Capacity: 5 rounds, 3 for .300 Win. Mag. and 6.5 PRC
- Stock: Black polymer, American-style
- Length of Pull: 14 inches
- Sights: No sights, integrated Picatinny-style rail
- Barrel: Cold hammer-forged, suppressor-ready
- Barrel Length: Varies by caliber
- Trigger: 4-Point adjustable
- Overall Length: Varies by caliber
- Safety: Vertical 2-position
MSRP for the CZ 600 Alpha is $749, and more information on this rifle and the full line of products from CZ USA is available at cz-usa.com.