Speer Gold Dot Handgun ammunition’s reliability and excellent performance has made it a go-to choice for law enforcement and the concealed-carry community. Now Speer is offering the same high level of quality for self-defense rifle applications. New Gold Dot Rifle ammunition is engineered to provide industry-leading performance in FBI protocol testing through barrels less than 16 inches long.
In a recent Rifles column, our Rifles editor commented, "Getting set up with the right ammunition is a small price to pay to ensure safety and avoid liability. Arm yourself with information from reputable sources and remember to ensure that your rifle shoots its defensive ammo reliably and accurately before placing it into service." With known-quality ammunition like Speer's Gold Dot, this will substantially reduce your quest for the right ammo.
The projectiles loaded in the new Gold Dot Rifle ammunition line are built using Speer’s exclusive Uni-Cor method. The jacket is bonded to the core one atom at a time, virtually eliminating core-jacket separation and creating a projectile that’s accurate, tough and consistent through all common barriers.
Features & Benefits
- New self-defense rifle loads optimized for peak FBI protocol performance though barrels shorter than 16 inches
- 75-grain .223 Rem. recommended for 1:9-inch barrel twist or faster
- 55-grain .223 Rem. option offers reduced penetration for reduced risk of overpenetration
- Consistent penetration and expansion through common barriers
- Extremely uniform jacket maximizes accuracy
- Gold Dot technology significantly reduces core-jacket separation
- Nickel-plated brass
- Reliable, sensitive primers
Speer ammunition can be found at dealers nationwide or purchased directly from Speer where possible. For more information on all products available from Speer or to shop online, visit www.speer-ammo.com. MSRP starts at $25.99 for a box of 20 rounds, and options will become available for .300 Blackout and .308 Win. as well as .223 Rem.