Taurus is known for making premium handguns for defense, hunting, and sport shooting. Now they are following up the successful launch of their popular Taurus GX4 micro-compact 9 mm pistol with the addition of two new slide color options.
The GX4 is the first high-capacity, full-feature micro-compact polymer frame handgun from Taurus, and is chambered for the 9 mm Luger. The pistol debuted with a durable black gas nitride finish. Now, the GX4 is available with either an elegant Tungsten Cerakote slide finish or a Troy Coyote Tan Cerakote finish. Both of these finishes offer an aggressive contrast to the black polymer frame, and both slide models come with two 11-round magazines.
The new Taurus GX4 series handguns are just a part of the Taurus everyday carry pistol lineup. The micro-compact design of the pistol combines the cartridge capacity of a full-sized handgun with a lightweight and compact defensive pistol that is easy to carry. The ergonomic design of the pistol allows it to fit a broad range of hand sizes and to promote optimal control for exceptional accuracy and quick follow-up shots. The GX4 is comfortable to carry even with summer clothing, and delivers a high level performance for personal defense and CCW practitioners.
Taurus GX4 Specifications
- Caliber: 9 mm
- Capacity: 11 rounds
- Action Type: Single-action only, striker-fired
- Front Sights: Fixed, steel white dot
- Rear Sights: Serrated drift adjustable
- Safety: Striker block, trigger safety, visual loaded chamber indicator
- Grip Material: Polymer
- Slide Material: Alloy steel
- Barrel Finish: Satin black, DLC coated
- Slide Finish: Tungsten Cerakote, Troy/Coyote
- Barrel Length: 3.06 inches
- Overall Length: 6.05 inches, with large backstrap
- Overall Width: 1.08 inches
- Overall Height: 4.4 inches
- Weight: 18.5 ounces (unloaded)
MSRP for the GX4 is: $410.61, and for more information on this pistol and other products from Taurus, please visit taurususa.com.