Smith & Wesson is expanding its line of M&P M2.0 Compact pistols to include an optics-ready variant, the M&P9 M2.0 Compact 4-inch OR. Chambered in 9 mm, the pistol builds on the award-winning M&P9 M2.0 Compact pistol series, and features a slide cut for an optic that co-witnesses the white-dot front and rear sights, along with enlarged forward slide serrations.
Vince Perreault, Smith & Wesson’s Brand Marketing Manager, said, “The use of optics has become increasingly popular as handgun owners look for ways to enhance their accuracy and shooting experience. To meet the demands of our consumers, the M&P9 M2.0 Compact is now able to accept many popular slide-mounted optics, straight from the factory.”
The M&P9 M2.0 Compact OR pistols are purpose-built for both personal and professional use, and include the M2.0 feature set. The handgun is available with or without an ambidextrous manual thumb safety and is chambered in 9 mm, with a 4-inch barrel. The M&P9 M2.0 Compact OR comes standard with seven mounting plates designed to fit popular slide-mounted optics, two 15-round magazines, four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts, and other items.
- Optics ready slide
- Seven mounting plates included
- Ambidextrous thumb safety model available
- Picatinny-style rail
- Forward slide-cocking serrations
- Low barrel bore axis makes the M&P pistol comfortable to shoot, reducing muzzle rise and allowing for faster aim recovery
- Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Aggressive grip texture for enhanced control
- New M&P M2.0 trigger with lighter trigger pull.
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Accurate 1:10-inch twist M&P M2.0 barrel
- Extended, rigid, embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing
- Armornite durable corrosion resistant finish
The MSRP on the M&P9 M2.0 Compact OR pistols is $616, and more information on this gun and other products from Smith & Wesson is available at smith-wesson.com.