Howa U.S.A. imports a variety of rifles from Howa Manufacturing of Japan, and its latest rifle is a short-barreled version of the popular American Flag chassis rifle. Originally offered in 20 inch, 24 inch or 26 inch versions, the new Howa American Flag Gen 2 has a barrel length of 16.25 inches.
The American Flag Gen 2 rifle has all the features of the first generation, except with a shorter barrel for lighter weight and increased usability in the field. Other features of the rifle, such as the 10-round detachable box magazine, Luth-AR adjustable stock and ergonomic Hogue pistol grip remain the same.
The receiver of the rifle is topped with a short length of Picatinny rail, and on top of that is a Nikko Stirling 30mm 4-16x50mm scope with rings. The Nikko scope has fully multi-coated lenses with zero-stop turrets that are marked in ¼-MOA increments. The scope uses an MOA reticle and has dual-color red/green illumination settings.
At the other end of the rifle is bipod for stable shooting and a Midwest Industries muzzle break to help compensate for recoil and keep your sights on-target. The entire chassis of this spectacular rifle is covered with a stylized American flag that is Cerakoted to the chassis for maximum durability.
- Calibers: .223 Rem., 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor or .308 Win.
- Barrel Length: 16.25 inches
- Weight: 11 pounds, 8 ounces
- Threaded muzzle
- Cerakoted Chassis System
- Hogue Finger Groove Pistol Grip
- Luth-AR MBA-4 Fully Adjustable Stock
- 10-Round Detachable AmmoBoost Magazine
- Nikko Stirling Diamond 30mm 4-16x50 mm Long Range Scope
- Midwest Industries three chamber Muzzle Brake
- 6-9 inch height adjustable bipod
MSRP on the American Flag Chassis Rifle Gen 2 is $1,549, and more information is available at howausa.com.