Like the original Acro, the Acro-2 features a fully enclosed optical channel that protects the LED emitter. And just like the first iteration, the newest version of the red dot is designed to withstand the recoil and abuse of a semi-auto pistol, but now the Acro-2 is made to exceed the requirements of professional users—it can handle extreme shock, vibration, temperatures and material stress generated by firing over 20,000 rounds of .40 S&W ammunition.
The Acro-2 utilizes a 3.5-MOA dot and a protective clear glass front and rear lens guard with an advanced internal reflective lens system. A digital intensity adjustment keypad allows for a more distinct, tactile feel when adjusting brightness, and the controls are located next to the battery compartment to help ensure power adjustment doesn't happen accidentally.
Although it's well suited for use with handguns, the Acro-2 can also be used with carbines, shotguns, or rifles, or as a backup sight on magnified optics or thermal imagers. It can be mounted on a wide variety of optics-ready handguns via adapter plates and it is night vision compatible.
- 3.5 MOA dot
- Battery life: 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery on setting six
- Battery type: CR2032 battery (battery included)
- Battery can be quickly changed without removing optic
- Variety of mounting options sold separately
- Optimized for pistol and applications which require a low-profile red dot system
- Fully enclosed housing protects all electronic components of the sight from all elements
- Sealed optical channel protects the optic from rain, mud, sand, or snow
- 7075-T6 High-strength Aluminum Hard-anodized
- 10 brightness settings: 4 night vision compatible settings and 6 daylight settings
- 1X (non-magnifying) operationally parallax free optic
- Submersible to 115 feet (35 meters)
- Temperature span -49°F to +160°F
- Weight 2.1 oz / 60 g (sight only)
- Size 1.9 x 1.3 x 1.2 inches (L x W x H)
The Aimpoint Acro-2 has an MSRP of $599, and for more information, please visit aimpoint.us.