Building on its success with the Glock Match Precision barrel, CMC recently introduced its new line of AR barrels. The first offering will be chambered in .223 Wylde for use with .223 Rem. and 5.56 NATO.
The first barrel profiles will be available in the SOCOM variant and made from 4150 chrome-moly Vanadium and coated in H&M Blacknitride+ for increased wear resistance. The Blacknitride+ coating also improves fatigue strength, delivers better corrosion resistance, improved lubricity and enhanced cosmetic appeal.
Likewise, barrels are available in differing gas lengths with M4 feed ramps, 1:7-inch twist rate, 1/2x28 thread pattern for standard muzzle devices, an 11-degree match crown for increased accuracy and a bottom dimple that makes it easy to install gas blocks.
CMC is able to accommodate the needs of everyone from civilian shooters to military and law enforcement thanks to precision engineering, instrument-inspected barrels, and air gauging to ensure the best in uniformity. Per CMC requirements, land and groove tolerance from breech to muzzle can vary only .0001 inches for the best concentricity.
CMC Barrels AR15 BarrelTechnical Specifications:
- Barrel Lengths Currently Available:7.5 inches, 10.5 inches and 16.25 inches
- Profile: SOCOM
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium
- Type: Button Rifled
- Coating: H&M Blacknitride+
- Caliber: .223 Wylde
- Gas System Currently Available: Pistol-, Carbine- and Mid-length
- Twist: 1:7-inch
- Extension:M4 Type Feed Ramps
- Gas Block Diameter: .750 inch
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.13 inches
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28 TPI
- Testing: Air Gauged
- Weights Currently Offered: 7.5 inch - 1.02 pounds, 10.5 inch - 1.3 pounds and 16.25 inch - 2.0 pounds
MSRPs range from $180-250, depending on length and features. For more information, visit CMCTriggers.com.