by Shooting Illustrated Staff - Monday, February 13, 2017
Help maintain the readiness of America’s rifle by keeping it close at hand, properly loaded and capable of helping you to identify potential threats with innovative and cutting-edge technology.
1. Lessen the tedious task of loading magazines with the Caldwell AR-15 Mag Charger. Simply fill the supplied 50-round charger tray with ammo, snap a magazine into place and then push the plunger into the magazine to load five rounds per stroke. Larger magazines (or more than one 30-round variant) can be replenished with additional filling of the charger, resulting in more trigger time.
MSRP: $99.99 btibrands.com
2. Battle-proven and 100-percent made in the U.S.A. with all-American components, Okay Technologies Surefeed AR Magazines meet or exceed demanding military specifications. Its hard-coat anodized finish comes in Mil-Spec Grey or Tactical Black. An anti-tilt follower and high-performance, Mil-Spec stainless-steel spring keeps rounds properly tensioned.
MSRP: $18.95 to $19.95 surefeedmagazines.com
3. Boasting proprietary technology that wirelessly connects the pistol grip/controller and fore-end-mounted laser/light module on your AR rifle, the Crimson Trace LinQ System is powered by CR123 batteries. It contains a green laser/300-lumen light component that mounts to Picatinny or Weaver rails. The grip is paired wirelessly to the module and allows you to easily control laser/light’s functions.
MSRP: $649 crimsontrace.com
4. A balanced blend of function and simplicity, the Grey Ghost Gear 2 Point Sling features elastic-nylon construction, which allows for freedom of movement while keeping the rifle close to the body when relaxed. The main section of the sling is padded for enhanced comfort and a quick-adjust feature adds versatility by helping users rapidly fine-tune the sling on the fly. Available colors include black and Coyote Brown.
MSRP: $39.95 greyghostgear.com
5. Combining combat-proven, Ten-Speed military-grade elastic with an adaptable belt-attachment system anyone can use, the Blue Force Gear High Rise M4 Belt Pouch holds a single M4 magazine or similar-sized item higher up on the belt for maximum concealability. The split-attachment system mounts to everyday belts or duty belts with ease via dual hook-and-loop straps designed to straddle a belt loop, preventing inadvertent rotation.
MSRP: $24 blueforcegear.com
E-mail your comments/questions about this site to:
For questions/comments about Shooting Illustrated magazine, please e-mail:
You can contact the NRA via phone at: NRA Member Programs
To advertise on Shooting Illustrated, visit nramediakit.com for more information
Get the Shooting Illustrated Reloaded newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox.