As the only modern double-action / single-action (DA/SA), 9 mm, single-stack pistol on the market today, Springfield Armory's XD-E is unique in the gun world. DA/SA pistols are known for their reliability and safety, but those features are rarely teamed up with the convenience and concealability of the single-stack, 9 mm pistol concept. Getting used to the differing trigger weights between the double-action and single-action modes can be a struggle for new shooters to overcome. However, with the introduction of the new Springfield Armory XD-E Langdon Tactical Edition, Langdon Tactical has found a way to shorten the learning curve by enhancing the trigger and action of the pistol.
Just like the Langdon Tactical Beretta 92s and PX4s, the new Langdon Tactical Edition XD-E features a greatly enhanced trigger feel and performance without sacrificing safety or reliability of the DA/SA action. The Langdon Tactical Springfield Armory XD-E pistol also improves and enhances the base pistol by further reducing the amount of effort needed to rack the slide and cock the hammer even further from Springfield Armory’s existing Low Effort Slide system.
The Springfield Armory XD-E upgraded by LTT features:
- LTT XDE Sight Final
- LTT emblem engraved on Sniper Gray Cerakote-coated slide
- LTT Trigger Job with the option of a 12-pound or 12.7-pound hammer spring
- 20 percent reduction in pull weight with a 12.7-pound spring for reliability with US and NATO-spec ammunition.
- 25 percent reduction in pull weight with a 12-pound spring provides reliability with US-Spec ammunition.
- New, low-profile hammer for better concealment and snag-free draws
- Two 8- and one 9-round magazine included.
- Option of two different hammer-spring weights.
- Upgraded Ameriglo CAP Sights.
MSRP on the pistol is $738, and more information is available at langdontactical.com.