The newest edition to the Winchester Model 70 line is the Long Range MB (muzzle brake) and features a fluted, heavy sporter barrel with a 5/8x24 threaded matte blued muzzle with a recessed crown and a recoil-reducing muzzle brake.
In addition to the new barrel setup, the rifle also incorporates the Bell and Carlson tan synthetic stock featuring flow-through fore-end vents and black web finish. Winchester claims on their website that “with quality optics, premium ammunition and good shooting conditions, 1 MOA accuracy can be expected.”
In addition, this new rifle carries over the classic three-position safety that offers both safe and fire positions, plus a middle position that locks the firing pin yet still allows the bolt to be operated, providing a greater margin of safety when checking the chamber condition or unloading.
- Bell and Carlson tan synthetic stock with black web finish and fore-end vents
- 5/8x24 threaded muzzle with muzzle brake (thread protector included)
- Free-floating, matte blued, fluted barrel
- Heavy sporter barrel contour
- Pre-’64 style control round feed action with claw extractor
- Available in .308 Win., 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC, .300 WSM and numerous other calibers
- 24-inch barrel with 1:14-inch twist
- 7 pound, 8 ounce total weight
- Overall length 44 inches
- MSRP: $1,489.99
For more information on Winchester Firearms, please visit winchesterguns.com.