SIG Sauer is adding another member to the Cross family of modern precision bolt action rifles. Joining the lineup is the new SIG Sauer Cross STX rifle, which features a 20 inch precision barrel, full length M1913 Picatinny rail, thumb rest safety selector, PRS style grip, AR-15 style controls and ergonomics.
SIG Sauer Cross STX Specifications:
- Action: Bolt Action
- Calibers: .308 Win. / 6.5mm Creedmoor
- Barrel Length: 20 inches
- Barrel Twist Rate: 1:10-inch for .308 Win. and 1:8-inch for 6.5 Creedmoor
- Barrel Material: Stainless steel
- Barrel Threads: ⅝ by 24 inches
- Receiver Finish: Anodized black
- Magazine style: AICS-style 10 round polymer magazine
- Stock: Sig precision stock
- Overall Length: 41.5 inches
- Overall Width: 3 inches
- Overall Weight: 7 pounds, 11 ounces
- Accessory Rail: Full length free float M-Lok
- Trigger Type: Two stage match trigger
- Muzzle Device: SLH/SLX Suppressor ready QD flash hider
Both the classic .308 Win. rifle cartridges along with the now-established 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge continue to be among the most popular cartridge options for standard-length bolt-action rifles. The .308 Win. round has been around for generations and it is probably safe to say that all there is to know about extracting accuracy of this cartridge has already been discovered. While the 6.5 Creedmoor is not exactly the new kid on the block anymore it certainly is here to stay, especially due to its price to performance ratio and the fact that 6.5mm projectiles can be very accurate and also very ballistically efficient, easily reaching out to 1,000 yards and beyond.
To learn more about the new SIG Cross STX rifle in either .308 Winchester or 6.5mm Creedmoor or the full range of products from SIG Sauer, please visit sigsauer.com.