Black Collar Arms is out of Austin, TX, and is introducing its new support accessory, the Adjustable Pistol Support (APS). The APS is designed for use in large format pistols that have magazines ahead of the fire control group such as AR-pattern pistols, the SIG Sauer MPX, the CZ Scorpion family and other firearms. While there is pending federal rulemaking for pistol stabilizing braces, the Black Collar Arms APS is neither a brace nor a stock. Rather, it is an adjustable support device that attaches to a large format pistol while also providing support for the rear of the pistol off of a perpendicular plane like a shooting bench or similar surface. Black Collar Arms calls the APS a “brand new category of large format pistol accessory.” Currently it is only available for pistols with a GHW Tailhook MOD 1 or for pistols with a pistol specific buffer tube within the diameters of 1.17 inches through 1.20 inches.
APS Features and Specifications:
- Quick detach (QD) sling socket on one side of clamp
- Clamps to any round pistol tube measuring 1.17 inches to 1.20 inches in diameter
- Accepts any Atlas bipod-compatible feet (not included) to match shooting surfaces
- Provides approximately 3 inches of height adjustment to fine-tune point of impact. To adjust vertical travel, rotate post
- Weight: 7.1 ounces
- Height: 6.21 inches (top-to-bottom in most compact configuration)
- Post Diameter: 1.125 inches
- Maximum Width: 1.5 inches
- Manufactured from 6061 aluminum
- Finished with a Type III Hardcoat Anodized Black finish or available with an FDE Cerakote on top of the hardcoat anodizing (other Cerakote colors and patterns are available on request)
The Black Collar Arms APS retail pricing starts at $149 for the standard black anodized unit. The pricing for the FDE Cerakoted color option starts at $185. For more information about the Adjustable Pistol Support and other products designed by Black Collar Arms, please visit their website at blackcollararms.com.