Welcome to another episode of "I Carry," Shooting Illustrated's weekly video series covering the guns and gear needed to put together an ideal everyday-carry kit. Today, we have a Glock G19 in a Vedder Holsters ProDraw OWB paddle holster, paired with the company's MagTuck IWB magazine carrier. Rounding out the gear is a TAC5 TAC-800 tactical flashlight, a CRKT Ruger Hollow Point folding knife and a Vedder Holsters Cobra gun belt.
The Gun – Glock G19
- Chambered in 9 mm with a 15-round magazine capacity
- Features the company’s safe-action system, which features three independent safeties that disengage sequentially with the deliberate pull of the trigger
- Compatible with a wide aftermarket of accessories, including Magpul PMags and Trijicon HD XR night sights shown above.
The Holster – Vedder Holsters ProDraw Paddle OWB
- ProDraw is one of the newest holster designs out from Vedder
- Constructed from Kydex and molded exactly to the contours of the gun, creating an audible friction-retention lock that keeps the gun secure
- Features adjustable retention and also allows for mounting and removal without removing your gun belt
- Available in more than 50 different colors and designs
The Knife – Ruger CRKT Hollow Point Folder
- From a collection built by CRKT but inspired by the design of Ruger firearms
- Features retro styling with glass-reinforced nylon handle and is built using a ball-bearing pivot system that allows for easy opening with an ambidextrous thumb stud or blade flipper for one-handed operation
- Clip can be repositioned for tip-up or tip-down carry, depending on your preference
- Total length of the blade is 3.2 inches, while the overall knife measures 4.3 inches closed
The Flashlight – Tac5 TAC-800 Tactical Flashlight
- Features 320 lumens of output and runs off of a common AA battery
- Features three different modes of operation: high, low and strobe
- Sliding bezel allows users to manually focus the beam for more concentrated light
The Belt – Vedder Holsters Cobra Quick-Release Gun Belt
- Another new product introduction from Vedder, which eliminates the need to adjust the hook-and-loop length after every use.
- Cobra-style buckle can be threaded through 1.5-inch belt loops without any issue.
- Made in the from double layer of 1.5-inch Nylon webbing
The Mag Carrier – Vedder Holsters MagTuck IWB Mag Carrier
- Constructed from Kydex and built with a clip made from spring steel, available for belts 1.5-1.75 inches wide
- Edges are smoothed to allow the carrier to ride up against the skin without irritation
- Features adjustable retention
- Available in more than 50 different pattern designs