C&H Precision Weapons (CHWPS), based in Richmond Hill, GA, is releasing a new large-window, slide-mounted electronic red dot sight for handguns. CHPWS is a leader in creating mounting plates for pistol-mounted optics, and the company solidified its plans to address market demand for slide mounted optics with larger viewing windows which make transitioning from target to target more easier.
The new red dot, called the COMP, is CHWPS’ answer to this demand. The COMP not only has a larger viewing window, but it was designed to be rugged and stand up to hard use. The COMP’s housing is a solid single piece CNC machined aluminum shell that has an IPX7 dust and waterproofing rating (which is CHWPS’ standard). The COMP is waterproof in water up to one meter in depth for up to 30 minutes. Moreover, this unit’s internal components can withstand harsh recoil from firearms and is rated for use with +P+ and +P (overpressure) ammunition. This means that the COMP can withstand 1,000 slide reciprocations measuring 1,500 Gs. Battery life on the COMP is rated for 50,000 hours using a three volt lithium CR 1632 battery.
CHWPS COMP Features and Specifications
- 10 different brightness levels, 2 are night vision compatible
- Motion Control with shake-awake technology
- Shuts down after 5 mins of inactivite
- 50,000 hour battery life
- Single piece body machined from aircraft grade aluminum
- Shock rated for +P and +P+ ammunition
- IPX7 Dust and Waterproof rating
- 1x Magnification
- 3 MOA Dot
- 16mm Objective Lens
- 35 MOA windage and elevation adjustment range
- Unit available in red or green
- Weight of 28.4 grams
- Parallax free up to 33 yards
- Powered by one 3 volt lithium CR 1632 battery
For more information on CHWPS’ COMP slide mounted electronic red dot sight unit and other products they sell, please visit their website at chwps.com.