Just in from Heizer Firearms:
To our valued customers:
Since HEIZER FIREARMS first introduced our new innovative Tactical Pocket Pistol the DoubleTap™ in November of last year at the NASGW show in Reno Nevada we have been overwhelmed with positive response and have orders for literally tens of thousands of pistols, beyond our wildest expectations.
During final engineering and testing of the DoubleTap™ as we came closer to full production we went from original Experimental Revision 1 guns to what are now Revision 8 Production guns. The final production guns incorporate over a dozen notable improvements (see below) and 7 patents pending transforming the original concept DoubleTap™ from what we introduced as a cool gun to an awesome gun.
Our original aggressive timeline to enter series production was scheduled for the first quarter of 2012. In order to incorporate all of the latest improvements into the DoubleTap™ we have now scheduled a vastly increased production schedule in an attempt to meet demand for the second quarter of 2012.
I sincerely apologize for this delay, however it is and always will be my direction within the company to produce new, innovative, state of the art aerospace technology firearms and if this calls for delays before full production begins, I am sure our customers will understand and appreciate this.
Revision 8 Production Model Improvements and Enhancements:
- Front and rear low profile no snag sights
- Melanite finish on stainless steel barrel assemblies Rockwell 65
- Mil-Std CeraKote finish on Titanium frames and Hard Anodizing on Aluminum
- Lanyard pin on rear of grip
- Serrations on the trap door compartment
- A stronger needle bearing instead of ball bearing in the double action trigger system
- A channel machined into the spare round compartment to secure rounds
- Squared off the front of the 1911 style trigger for better ergonomics
- Enlarged the HD pattern on the integral grips for more texture
- Enlarged the rear palm swell area of the frame to reduce recoil climb
- Simplified the ejector system for reliability
- Engineered a “safe” hammer position to enhance safety
Additionally we have worked with major manufactures in the industry including DeSantis, Pelican and First Spear to introduce an exclusive line of accessories for the DoubleTap™
Raymond B. Kohout
Founder HEIZER FIREARMS, LLC